Advanced procedures for minimally invasive and radical cancer surgery, in addition to chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and pain management, are effectively treating malignancies in women. Dr. Harriet Smith, Director, Gynecologic Oncology, performs advanced robotic surgery for gynecological issues. This type of surgery contributes to a faster recovery and minimizes the risk of complications.
Under the direction of Dr. Joseph Silletti, our experienced team of urologists offer:
• The most advanced treatments for Prostate and Testicular Cancer, among numerous other conditions
• An outstanding record of accomplishments in achieving successful outcomes for patients
• Robotic and Laser Surgery, when necessary, which means smaller incisions, less pain, and a speedier recovery
• A totally modern facility, with state-of-the-art technology and a continuing emphasis on patient comfort
• Easy access to BronxCare’s primary and specialty services at the inpatient and outpatient levels
Urological services were significantly expanded and the division treats all types of urologic problems involving the urinary tract, kidney, bladder, testes, and adrenal. Malignancies, including those of the prostate, kidney, and bladder, as well as dysfunctional voiding are addressed by the urology team. Minimally invasive surgeries, as well as robotic and laser technology, are used to treat conditions such as cancerous prostates. “Our proven expertise and experience sets us apart from other regional practices,” stated Dr. Silletti.
Overall, BronxCare Health System’s Urology efforts are aimed and succeeding at identifying urological problems at an earlier and more treatable stage.